Why You Need to Jade Roll
Would you believe it, this modern day beauty trend has been around since the 17th century? Recognising its health and beauty benefits, derma rolling was first adapted by Chinese royalty and high society members.
Along with this, Jade is a stone that’s long been used in traditional Chinese medicine for its purifying properties and ability to heal and restore the skin. Couple that school of thought with the lymphatic drainage and facial massage that a jade roller offers, makes this a pretty nifty must-have beauty buy.
Jade Rollers are typically designed with a bigger end on one side and a smaller end on the other. The larger side is designed to be used on your cheeks, jaw and forehead, while the smaller section is designed for harder to reach spots like your under eye area and chin.
The Benefits of Jade Rolling:
- Decreases puffiness
- Increases circulation
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Minimizes lines
- Helps your daily serums penetrate more deeply into your skin
- Gives neglected facial muscles some much-needed movement (tense muscles = hello, wrinkles! )
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves elasticity of the skin
- Helps get rid of any toxins or buildups
- Works to improve dark under-eye circles
- Calms inflamed skin
- Helps eases blocked sinuses
How to Use Your Jade Roller
2. Make sure you roll from the centre out
3. Pass over the same patch of skin three to four times, always moving from your nose to the outer edges of your face
4. When you need to return the roller to the starting point, pick it up and place it back at the start (don’t roll backwards)
5. Use the small side to gently roll
6. For your eyebrow area (switch back to the larger side and roll out and down, following the contour of your brow bone), forehead (start in the middle and roll out).
7. Finish with a soothing upward roll from between your eyebrows, up to the hairline.
8. Be sure to clean your Jade Roller with warm soapy water after every time you use it.
Why a Rose Quartz Jade Roller?
Rose Quartz is said to help unclog the Heart Chakra, and who doesn't love a good heart opening? This is thought to help let go of stress and negativity that can cause tension in the muscle, resulting in fine lines and wrinkles. Rose Quartz is said to help promote a softer, more radiant completion and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Shop our Rose Quartz Liv Jade Rollers, here.
Photo via Herbivore Botanicals